Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pumpkin Soup


( there is a whole story that goes with this over at Watergate Summer,
about losing an English Lover....10.05.07 )
************************************
PUMPKIN SOUP
**************
Big pan on stove.
1 large can Pumpkin Pie filling
One Frozen Box of Squash
1 cup International Delight Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer
1 cup regular cream
1 tablespoon coffee
half stick butter
half cup orange juice
spices:
Hungarian Paprika-1 tsp
Tumeric-smidge
Black Pepper-smidge
Sea Salt-sprinkle across top
Curry-2 tsp.
Ginger-smidge
Chili Powder (optional) smidge
brown sugar- 2 tsps.
Hot Coco-2tsps.
lemon zested over the top
orange zested over the top.

Heat on low, stir gently.Cook for about 20 minutes, serve with dollup of sour cream and sprig of fresh cilantro.Enjoy.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

hmm..that does sound good (sorry I missed the sad love story..I have a weakness for those brits..sigh..no, not married to one [g])..

anyhow..I once made pumpkin, chicken curry and for the life of me, cannot find the recipe nor can remake that original great dish..
if ever I do..I'll let you know. Other than soups or as add-in.. I do not like pumpkin pie AT ALL! Never liked it ever since emigrating to North America..eek.

Ingrid

Enigma4ever said...

Oh ingrid..I will hook you up to the sad love story...I think it was October 2007 that I posted it over on watergate summer...I will find it for you...it is a good one...it involves some funny memories...

Enigma4ever said...

ooops I already wrote on the post the story is on 10.05.07 Watergate Summer....